The core values below were adopted by the WPA on April 11, 2013.
As members of the White Plum Asanga, we seek to grow in our capacity to allow the following to govern our choices and shape our functioning together as an affinity group:
- A familiarity with the history of our lineage and appreciation for the gift of our heritage as White Plum Asanga.
- A growing awareness of the interdependence of all beings and consequently our engagement in the alleviation of the suffering of the world, including our careful behavior in all our relationships.
- A recognition of our own limitations and needs as teachers and leaders through the cultivation of self-awareness, enabling us to deeply appreciate the causes and effects of our actions on the sangha.
- An affirmation of the essential awakened nature of all beings, as seen in particular in the encouragement of our students to realize and actualize this.
- An openness to cultivating respect for diversity of religious traditions and dharma expressions, including non-hierarchical structures and processes among Asanga Members.